Pelmeni - Siberian dumplings
Delicate, savoury and juicy. We make our pelmeni by hand in small batches, using the retro Soviet pelmenitsa 'machine' - the way our mums used to.
Enjoy our pelmeni with lots organic smetana, or dunking them into vinegar with lots of cracked black pepper.
"Better than most pelmeni I've tried in Russia. Real depth of flavour" - Sebastian F, one happy customer, April 2020.
'The Siberian': pork mince and beef mince, onion, garlic,l salt, pepper, a little bit of water.
Potato and onions: fluffy potatoes, caramelised onions (in sunflower oil), mushrooms, salt, pepper.
How many portions?
4 portions is apprx half a kilo, with each portion being about 12 dumplings (a hungry Russian person might eat double that. We've warned!)
How to store: in the freezer for up to 3 months.
How to cook:
Our pelmeni have very thin dough so please be extra tender when cooking them:
- bring a litre of water for every 2 portions (about 24 dumplings) to boil (so 4 portions - 2 lts)
- tumble the frozen pelmeni into the boiling water, swirl carefully and reduce the heat to medium
- cook for 5 minutes, occasionally stirring the water
- dish out the dumplings with a slotted spoon, transferring a little cooking liquid into your bowl (just a teaspoon per portion)
- put some butter to melt, grind black pepper and mix very carefully
- eat at once.
Ingredients: flour (wheat), water, eggs, sunflower oil, salt.
The Siberian: free-range, grass-fed UK beef, free-range pork, onion, garlic, salt, black pepper, water.
Potato and mushroom: potato, chestnut mushrooms, onions, sunflower oil, butter, salt, pepper.
Allergens: 2,4,7 (for allergen description please see our policy).