"Spuds in blankets" (potato, caramelised onion)
Lovely, buttery mashed potato with a little onions that has been slowly caramelised.
"Spuds in blankets" is how one of our little customers has called them. Brilliant, no?
Enjoy them with our Intense mushroom cream sauce.
About our pelmeni:
Delicate, savoury and juicy. We make our pelmeni by hand in small batches, using the retro Soviet pelmenitsa 'machine' - the way our mums used to.
Our flour is organic from Shipton Mill in Gloucestershire. Eggs are from Neal's Yard Dairy.
How many portions?
4 portions is apprx half a kilo, with each portion being about 12 dumplings (a hungry Russian person might eat double that. We've warned!)
How to store: in the freezer for up to 3 months.
How to cook:
Our pelmeni have very thin dough so please be extra tender when cooking them:
- bring a litre of water for every 2 portions (about 24 dumplings) to boil (so 4 portions - 2 lts)
- tumble the frozen pelmeni into the boiling water, swirl carefully and reduce the heat to medium
- cook for 5 minutes, occasionally stirring the water
- dish out the dumplings with a slotted spoon, transferring a little cooking liquid into your bowl (just a teaspoon per portion)
- put some butter to melt, grind black pepper and mix very carefully
- eat at once.
Ingredients: flour (wheat), water, eggs, sunflower oil, salt. Filling: salmon fillet, onion, sunflower oil, double cream, dill, salt, pepper.
Allergens: 2,4,5,7(for allergen description please see our policy).