Pelmeny - Siberian dumplings (pork and beef)
Delicate, savoury and juicy. We make our pelmeny by hand in small batches, using the retro Soviet pelmenitsa 'machine' - the way our mums used to.
Our flour is organic from Shipton Mill in Gloucestershire. The meat is from Taste Tradition, a farm and a wholesaler , specialising in free-range meat from smaller farms in Britain.
Enjoy our pelmeny with lots organic smetana, or dunking them into vinegar with lots of cracked black pepper.
"Better than most pelmeni I've tried in Russia. Real depth of flavour" - Sebastian F, one happy customer, April 2020.
How many in a box?
4 portions (about 12 dumplings per person)
or 0.5 kg
How to store: in the freezer for up to 3 months.
How to cook:
Our pelmeni have very thin dough so please be extra tender when cooking them:
- bring a litre of water for every 2 portions (about 24 dumplings) to boil (so 4 portions - 2 lts)
- tumble the frozen pelmeny into the boiling water, swirl carefully and reduce the heat to medium
- cook for 5 minutes, occasionally stirring the water
- dish out the dumplings with a slotted spoon, transferring a little cooking liquid into your bowl (just a teaspoon per portion)
- put some butter to melt, grind black pepper and mix very carefully
- eat at once.
Ingredients: flour (wheat), water, eggs, sunflower oil, salt.
The Siberian: free-range, grass-fed UK beef, free-range pork, onion, garlic, salt, black pepper, water.
Allergens: 2,4,7 (for allergen description please see our policy).