"The Siberian" dumplings (pork and beef)
"Better than most pelmeni I've tried in Russia. Real depth of flavour" - Sebastian F, one happy customer, April 2020.
Delicate, savoury and juicy. We make our pelmeny by hand in small batches, using the retro Soviet pelmenitsa 'machine' - the way our mums used to.
Enjoy our pelmeny with lots organic smetana, or dunking them into vinegar with lots of cracked black pepper.
How many in a box?
4 portions (about 12 dumplings per person)
or 0.5 kg
How to store: in the freezer for up to 3 months.
How to cook:
Our pelmeni have very thin dough so please be extra tender when cooking them:
- bring a litre of water for every 2 portions (about 24 dumplings) to boil (so 4 portions - 2 lts)
- tumble the frozen pelmeny into the boiling water, swirl carefully and reduce the heat to medium
- cook for 5 minutes, occasionally stirring the water
- dish out the dumplings with a slotted spoon, transferring a little cooking liquid into your bowl (just a teaspoon per portion)
- put some butter to melt, grind black pepper and mix very carefully
- eat at once.
Ingredients: flour (wheat), water, eggs, sunflower oil, salt.
The Siberian: free-range, grass-fed UK beef, free-range pork, onion, garlic, salt, black pepper, water.
Allergens: 2,4,7 (for allergen description please see our policy).