Blushing salmon and dill pelmeny
Long-awaited and finally here in their blushing, pink beauty!
Deep filled with lovely salmon, just a little lightly fried onion, dill and a splash of double cream.
You must have them with this sour cream and horseradish sauce.
About our pelmeni:
Delicate, savoury and juicy. We make our pelmeni by hand in small batches, using the retro Soviet pelmenitsa 'machine' - the way our mums used to.
Our flour is organic from Shipton Mill in Gloucestershire. Eggs are from Neal's Yard Dairy.
How many portions?
4 portions is apprx half a kilo, with each portion being about 12 dumplings (a hungry Russian person might eat double that. We've warned!)
How to store: in the freezer for up to 3 months.
How to cook:
Our pelmeni have very thin dough so please be extra tender when cooking them:
- bring a litre of water for every 2 portions (about 24 dumplings) to boil (so 4 portions - 2 lts)
- tumble the frozen pelmeni into the boiling water, swirl carefully and reduce the heat to medium
- cook for 5 minutes, occasionally stirring the water
- dish out the dumplings with a slotted spoon, transferring a little cooking liquid into your bowl (just a teaspoon per portion)
- put some butter to melt, grind black pepper and mix very carefully
- eat at once.
Ingredients: flour (wheat), water, eggs, sunflower oil, salt. Filling: salmon fillet, onion, sunflower oil, double cream, dill, salt, pepper.
Allergens: 2,4,5,7(for allergen description please see our policy).