Are you interested in learning about food and cooking in a vibrant, women-led food start up 1-2 days a week (soon maybe more)?
Rosehip + Rye is a small London based food company specialising in natural and elegant food from Eastern-Europe. We create food for events and deliver freshly-prepared, chilled dishes to customers twice a week.
We are fast growing and now looking for someone wonderful to join our team in the kitchen.
The business was founded and run by two women who are passionate about bringing good quality food of their homelands to London.
How many hours: At the moment we can guarantee 1-2 day a week (Thursday or Friday, to be agreed), but soon we expect this to grow to 3-4 days a week.
Location: North Action (NW10), and sometimes other London locations on agreement.
Hours: Approximately 9.00 – 18.00 (paid lunch break). Sometimes evening work and/or weekends. But we can be flexible with the hours.
Type of work: You will start by assisting with prepping ingredients, but very quickly will cook whole dishes following our recipes. We will provide training.
As we are a small team, so we all do washing up and cleaning in the kitchen, so be prepared to get stuck in.
What we offer:
- From £10 - £15 an hour, depending on experience.
- Warm, encouraging, positive environment in which to work. We eat good food at work and play fun music!
- Opportunity to provide input to menu creation and suggest ways for developing our offer.
What you’ll be bringing:
- Love of food and significant experience of cooking at home.
- Willingness to learn and be quick on your feet are critical.
- Independence – spot what needs to be done next.
- Good enough level of English to communicate in the kitchen (if you speak Russian, basic English could be sufficient).
Nice to have:
- Professional kitchen experience.
- Knife skills.
- Ability to read recipes and cook without supervision.
- Workable knowledge of Excel (to write/update recipes).
- Do you have experience with dough/pastry? Amazing. Get in touch.
NB: you need to be able to work legally in the UK and be self-employed.
How to apply:
Send us your CV and/or 100 words for why you’re interested in this role: